For web content to achieve high search engine rankings, it’s important for it to be unique, high quality and engaging. This is oftentimes one of the biggest challenges businesses face. Every piece of content for your website and social media outlets must accurately reflect your business, and yet still be original, interesting and relevant to your readers as well as search engines.
Here are some tips on making your web content the best that it can possibly be:
How Accurate is the Material?
- Make sure that what you’ve written has been fact checked to ensure the accuracy of what you are saying. For example, check that any claims you make about your business or the industry you work in are true.
- Back up your claims with testimonials, articles or images that can prove your point. For example, if you claim that your business will always be on time, having a featured testimonial of a customer about how you’ve always been on time can help give you more credibility.
How Original is the Material?
- The voice, tone and overall message of your web content should match those of your company. For example, the tone for a funeral home would be much different than that of a hair salon. The voice for a law firm would be different from that of an amusement park.
- Is your content offering something that your target market can’t get anywhere else? If not, try adding what you feel makes you unique and sets you apart from other companies with similar products and services.
Is the Material Valuable?
- Specifically when it comes to social media, it’s important to only write things that your potential customers are likely to care about or learn from. Beware of cliché filler topics that aren’t interesting or engaging to read about.
- Make sure that there is at least one clear point that the reader can take away from your content. That point should be reiterated throughout the blog post or article to leave your reader with a crystal clear understanding of your main point.
Is the Material Easy to Read?
- Try out a few different formatting techniques before you post your content live to the web to see which looks the most aesthetically pleasing.
- Always proofread for spelling and grammar errors. Spelling errors and bad grammar can reflect poorly on your business and turn off potential clients.
At CyberMark, we’ve helped hundreds of clients increase traffic to their sites by revamping their web content. Our web design and SEO experts can do everything from designing a more visually appealing website to rewriting your web content to make it more search engine friendly. We even offer a free consultation so that you can get a better idea of where your site may be falling short. Contact us today to learn more at 623-889-3380 or visit www.phoenixinternetmarketing.com.